Pork Loins for Veterans Day Events
With Veterans Day approaching, a day that holds a special place in our hearts as a nation, we extend a warm invitation that underscores what truly makes Iowa exceptional: our close-knit communities, unwavering gratitude, and the belief that food brings people together. The Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation is deeply honored to help your community organization celebrate your local veterans with a heartfelt meal.
At our Foundation, we hold a fundamental belief that food has the power to create connections and strengthen bonds. That is why we’re providing organizations intending to plan a Veterans Day event, four (4) cases of pork loins to serve as a high-powered protein for your breakfast, lunch or supper. The cases of pork loins will be accompanied by an event kit, complete with patriotic aprons, disposable placemats, pins/buttons and a few table decorations. The cases of pork loins are intended for Veterans Day 2023 community events.
For planning purposes, four cases provide 960, 4 oz—servings of pork. Pork loins are available ONLY for pick up between 9:00 a.m. - noon on Wednesday, November 1.
- Request must come from an organization
- All requesting organizations must serve Iowa Veterans
- Pork loins must be used for 2023 Veterans Day events located in Iowa
- Schools organizing Veterans Day events are eligible
Eligible Organizations (not limited to):
- County or State Veterans Affairs Departments
- Veterans of Foreign War (VFW)
- American Legion
- American Veterans (AMVETS)
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Family Alliance for Veterans of America (FAVA)
- Marine Corps League
- Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH)
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
- Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)
- Homeless Women Veterans
- American Women Veterans Organization
- Schools, nursing homes, city administration and other local organizations
About the Project: Food and Fellowship Program
The Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation organizes Project Food and Fellowship, a grant and giving program designed to create memorable and enriching social experiences for Iowa military families and veterans.
Project Food and Fellowship assists family readiness coordinators, military community volunteers and event coordinators with creating and hosting social gatherings for active duty, reservists, veterans, Gold Star families and all military families.
Project Food and Fellowship aims to help enhance or create memorable and enriching experiences for military members and build and strengthen relationships within the community.
Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation