Foundation's Newest Program is Pure Magic
What do you get when you mix student clubs, two cases of pork loins, $250 and a meal kit? Magic!
That’s the only way to describe one our new programs introduced in 2019 - Operation Christmas Meal: Ignite the Spirit of Community Giving. Magical.
In the inaugural year of Ignite the Spirit of Community Giving, 18 school-based groups spread the joy of the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation to 2,891 Iowa families. Whether they prepared and donated meals, put together care packages for local families in-need or hosted a fundraising dinner, all of the student groups involved showed pure leadership and creativity to stretch the resources awarded to them.
As farmers, we particularly enjoyed seeing what aspiring farmers in the FFA and 4-H clubs did with their Ignite the Spirit of Community Giving kits. From Bedford to Belmond, Osceola to Orient Macksburg, Lenox to Lake City – our future is in good hands with these young leaders!
School groups awarded an in 2019 included:
- Bedford FFA & 4H
- Belmond-Klemme FFA Food Pantry
- Central Trail FFA from Leon
- Cerro Gordo County 4H
- Chariton FFA
- Clear Lake FFA
- Creston FFA
- Hampton-Dumont High School
- Highland Highlights 4-H Club from Creston
- Lake City Youth Group
- Lamoni High School/FFA/FCS
- Lenox FFA & NHS
- Melcher-Dallas Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Orient Macksburg FFA
- Osceola FFA and Clarke Elementary Ag Club
- Pocahontas County 4H and Pilot Creek FFA
- Schaller Crestland Schools
South Hardin FFA & Student Leadership Team